Your home/workplace should be a place where you can be in a clam and clear aura. To keep your home/workplace vibrating with positive energy, it’s important to cleanse and clear the space.
- When starting the flame on your sage, set the intention to cleanse and clear energy that no longer serves the space. You can also do the same with clearing crystals and card decks. Hold the sage above the abalone shell as you light it. Let the sage stick catch fire, and allow it to burn for about 30 seconds. Then blow it out.
- As the smoke wafts from the stick or leaves, first sage yourself using a feather to direct the smoke towards your body. It is suggested to start at the top of your head and work downwards toward your feet.
- When smudging your space, open your front door and all of the windows in the house to allow the unwanted energy to be released (if this is not possible, visualize the energy evaporating within the smoke). Starting at the front door, sage around the outside of the door and frame. Now, walk back inside, and begin smudging the space by moving counter-clockwise through it—this is symbolic of taking negative and unwanted energy out. Using the feather, waft the smoke into the corners of every room and up to the ceiling. Say these words out loud or silently: “Dear Source/God/Divine (or any term you use to pray to your Higher Power) I ask that you clear the energy that is no longer serving (this home, workplace, crystals, deck) and infuse it with Divine Love and calmness. Thank You.”
- Use this technique for clearing any objects or space. You may also create your own prayer. Allow your intuition to guide you. The intention is important. You want it to be around clearing, cleansing and attracting love and calmness.
- When you’re finished, extinguish the sage stick by snuffing it out inside of the shell or a fireproof container.